Doc. RNDr. Ing. Marcel Jiřina, Ph.D., the Dean of the faculty, who was a member of the university’s crisis management team, also received a medal for his personal work during the pandemic.
“The faculty won medals for 8 out of a total of 42 projects, which only confirms that information technology is indispensable today and helps,” said the Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology, CTU in Prague, doc. RNDr. Ing. Marcel Jirina, Ph.D.
The ceremony was held in the Bethlehem Chapel on 30 November 2021. The medals for this special occasion were designed by the Czech medalist, sculptor and publicist Michal Vitanovský.
Awarded FIT projects:
- Chatbot on the coronavirus website www.koronavirus24.cz by FIT students: Bc. Tomáš Stanovčák, Bc. Jan Šafařík a Bc. Tomáš Bašta.
- FIT’s independent expert opinion for eRouška mobile app: Ing. Martin Půlpitel.
- Wowee app from FIT based on the principle of fundraising: Bc. Michal Maněna.
- CloudFIT computing cloud from FIT used in the Folding@home project: Ing. Martin Vaňko.
- Innovation online hackathon organized by FIT: Bc. Ondřej Brém.
- Smart Triage app by the creators from CU and FIT: Bc. Tomáš Trejdl.
- Filter adapters for CTU full-face masks from the FIT 3D printing laboratory: Tomáš Sýkora.
- Logistics GoDeliver web platform for FIT: Ing. Adam Zvada.