In the Embedded Security Lab, we focus on all aspects of the security of embedded devices. Today, computer systems control not just cars and trains, but also smart homes or whole cities. The right implementation of cryptographic algorithms is critical in order to ensure the security of these autonomous systems; in IoT also with the additional requirements on small size and low consumption.
What we do
We deal with the security of the Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems and embedded systems. Our research topics include:
- Design of cryptographic hardware, primarily in field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA).
- Cryptanalysis, i.e. attacks
- Using programmable hardware (FPGA), or
- Using side channels, and
- Efficient protection against such attacks.
- Protection of embedded systems with microprocessors (the Internet of Things, SmartCards, etc.).
- Dependability of cryptographic systems.
The lab’s activities are focused on these topics
A tour of the lab
Where to find us
Embedded Security Lab
Department of Digital Design
Faculty of Information Technology
Czech Technical University in Prague
Room TH:A-1058 (Building A, 10th floor)
Prague 6 – Dejvice