Come to find out why to study computer science at our faculty. You will meet both teachers and students and find out what the study at our faculty is really like. We have prepared presentation stands of study specializations and tours of the faculty premises, including laboratories. You will find answers to your questions.
Lecture about Bachelor studies
When: 10:00 and 12:00 (lectures are the same and in Czech)
Where: lecture room 105, ground floor of the New CTU Building
Lecture on bachelor studies, admission procedure and activities for students including study abroad and practice opportunities during studies.
Stands of bachelor specialisations
Where: atrium of the New CTU Building
Find out more about our study specialisations. At the individual stands, you can ask questions directly to the teachers and students of a particular specialisation.
Where: New Building (3rd floor) and Building A (9th-14th floors)
Take a look inside our labs and see how our students use them in their studies, their research and their practice in cooperation with successful innovative companies.
- Centre for Conceptual Modelling and Implementation (CCMi)
- Ethical Hacking Laboratory (HackingLab)
- Forensic Laboratory (ForensicLab)
- Laboratory of Intelligent Embedded Systems (LIVS)
- Network Traffic Minitoring Lab (NETMON)
- RFID Laboratory (RFIDLab)
- Image Processing Laboratory (ImproLab)
- Robotic Agents Laboratory (RoboAgeLab)
- Data Science Laboratory (DataLab)
- UX Testing Laboratory (UsabilityLab)
- Network Visualisation Laboratory (SAGELab)
- Graphics and Game Design Laboratory (ggLab)
- Network Laboratory
- FPGA and Arduino Programming Laboratory
Guided tour of the Faculty and the National Technical Library
When: 11:00–15:00 (30 minutes each)
Where: meet at the entrance of the New CTU Building
See what our classrooms and other faculty premises looks like or premises of the National Technical Library on a tour with one of our students. During the tour, you can ask anything you are interested in. The tours are in Czech.
Where: ground floor of the New CTU Building
- Practice while studying: Find out how many companies the faculty cooperates with and how you can get work placement while studying.
- Virtual reality: Experience high-tech virtual reality equipment. Students also use them to learn the basics of VR and learn how to develop applications for VR.
- 3D print: Come to see the student projects and 3D products from RepRap printers.
- Study department: Do you need any advice about the entrance exams? Any questions about studying? Come to ask.
- Admission via SCIO: Get the advice on how to apply and succeed in the National Comparative Exams in Mathematics or General Studies for admission to FIT CTU.
- Student life: Get information about life on and off campus directly from students from the FIT++ Faculty Club.
- ELSA and CIPS: Are you a student with special needs? Come and find out how these centres can help you with your studies?
Why study at FIT?
Because you are looking for a university that is practical in teaching and open to students. Because you are tired of just writing projects and putting them in a drawer, but you want to work on something real. Because you want to study pure computer science and nothing but computer science. These are some of the reasons to go to FIT.
4. 12. 2023
G²OAT seminar: The Hierarchy of Hereditary Sorting Operators
Michal Opler from the DTCS, FIT CTU, will discuss the hierarchy of hereditary sorting operators, examining how different classes impact the...
11. 12. 2023
Informatics evenings: From BI-OOP course to type-safe SQL queries in Scala
What is it like to work with the creator of your favourite programming language? Martin Kučera, a graduate of FIT CTU, will tell you about it in his...